If you need to claim please complete the below steps:
1. Report the issue to Fat Lama within 24 hours of the end date of the rental.
2. Contact the borrower and see if you can resolve the issue amongst yourselves. Borrowers are liable for any damage they cause so it's often cheaper and quicker for them to just pay for the repair or replacement with you directly.
3. If a resolution cannot be reached between you, or if you would prefer not to communicate with the borrower, just let us know and we can step in. We will ask you to provide photos or a video of the item before it went on rent in working order, and once you've received it back showing the damage.
4. If the borrower denies causing any damage and it is unclear if the damage was their fault or not, then we may ask you to get the damage confirmed or diagnosed by a reputable third party repairer. Either way, as soon as we have established the damage was the borrowers fault (as opposed to a technical malfunction or older damage) then we will pay for it straight away.
5. If the item is irreparable we will get a replacement to you ASAP.
It's important to us that you feel comfortable and safe lending out your stuff on Fat Lama so we do everything we can to protect you against any problems, and make this process as efficient and stress free as possible.